Good morning to you all. I’m very proud to announce that views of AGORACOM videos have surpassed 300,000 since we first began broadcasting daily shows, client interviews and other great small-cap video content. This is great news for clients and the entire small-cap industry because it proves up yet another effective, efficient and low-cost way to communicate with current shareholders and potential investors. See my comments below on why connecting with shareholders via video is critical.
AGORACOM Videos are broadcast on more channels than we can count but here are just a few of them:
What is even more encouraging is the fact that video views are accelerating for the following reasons:
- We’ve added on more shows. We’ve grown from AGORACOM Small Cap TV to AGORACOM Small Cap Gold and Resources TV and Chinese Small Cap TV
- Each show has become it’s own stand alone channel on sites such as YouTube, BlipTV, Yahoo Video and other sites.
- We’ve made our daily shows timely and relevant by releasing them between 9:30 – 9:45 AM EST every morning right after the open. This consistency creates the kind of reliability investors like.
- Our daily videos provide great value to small-cap investors. How? We filter the hundreds of small-cap press releases issued every morning and report on the best 1-5 of the day.
- We’ve integrated all the videos into our social media streams on Twitter, Facebook, StockTwits and other avenues
- We’ve made our videos extremely search engine friendly by adding accurate descriptions and customized info for every show.
DOMINATING SEARCH FOR “SMALL CAP VIDEOS”
As a result of our hard and meticulous work, search engines are starting to reward us for our efforts, which only leads to more exposure amongst small-cap investors. For example:
- Google Video – We hold all top 10 spots for searches of “small-cap resource stocks“
- YouTube – We dominate the entire first page for searches of “Chinese small cap stocks“
- Google Video – We hold 4 of the top 10 spots for searches of “small-cap videos“
- Google Video – We hold 6 of the top 10 spots for searches of “small-cap gold stocks“
- YouTube – We hold the top 10 spots for searches of “small-cap resource stocks“
INCORPORATING SKYPE INTERVIEWS WITH SMALL-CAP CEO’S
We are so focused on the importance and relevance of video to the small-cap industry, that we’ve recently begun incorporating Skype Video interviews into our programming. Again, the premise is to get small-cap companies and investors connecting with each other immediately after the release of material news. Expect to see this grow significantly in 2011.
WHY IS VIDEO SO IMPORTANT TO SMALL-CAP COMPANIES?
One of the greatest problems faced by small-cap companies, even the really good ones, is the lack of connection with investors beyond issuing press releases. As a result, investors have no loyalty to you if business simmers down for a while because they’ve been trained to only react to good news. As we all know, that simply isn’t possible for most small-cap companies. All of you go through slow and dry periods for various reasons. Even when business is going well, you often have to wait on the next big sales contract, drill result, etc. God help you if the wait is longer than expected.
As such, connecting with investors creates a personal relationship that buys you the time to execute your plan. Video is an excellent connector because it allows you to communicate as openly as possible without actually standing in front of shareholders. Investors love video because watching facial expressions and body language is the next best thing to strapping you into a lie detector. It also makes shareholders far more likely to share what you have to say because video beats boring text.
If you’re a small-cap company and don’t have an online video strategy yet, I suggest you start thinking about one. Alternatively, call us and we’ll take care of it.