I’m happy to present our latest installment of AGORACOM Via Satellite, in which we speak to management of small-cap companies that have just released important news to further discuss their developments for the benefit of shareholders and prospective investors.
The company we are discussing today is Pancontinental Uranium (PUC:TSXV) ( HUB) ( WEBSITE ) but our guest is Bob Cleary, Chairman of Pancon’s JV Partner, Crossland Uranium. To say he is well accomplished in the mining industry is an under statement. Rick Mark, President & CEO of Pancontinental stated the following with respect to his importance in this joint venture:
Bob is the former CEO of the Ranger Uranium Mine, still the second largest Uranium Mine in the world.
He was instrumental in putting together the Joint Venture that has resulted in Pancontinental owning 50% of the fast developing REE/U project at Charley Creek in NT, Australia, and 50% of the large and prospective advanced U project, Chilling, across the Alligator River Valley from the Ranger Mine, also in NT.
I have said for the last four years that this management team is among the very best in the business. I’m pleased to have you meet the guiding hand behind the scenes, Crossland Chairman, Bob Cleary
DISCUSSING RECENT RARE EARTH ELEMENT (REE) DISCOVERY
REE’s are no longer the unknown metals they once were when AGORACOM first started working with unknown Avalon Rare Metals back in 2004. Today, they are on the minds of investors big and small around the world due to their strategic importance in high-tech, green technologies and defense industries to name a few.
Prices of both REE’s and associated public companies have skyrocketed over the past two years – and the next decade looks very bright as global economies continue adopting high-tech / green tech solutions into everyday life.
As with all “hot” sectors, investors have to be careful of “me too” companies attempting to capitalize on the trend with little to no substance.
Thankfully, the Pancontinental / Crossland joint venture is anything but. I discovered a joint venture with real results, insanely talented people and a real plan. More than just lip service, look no further than these facts:
- Pancon has earned a 50% interest in this significant uranium and REE project portfolio through the expenditure of A$8 million.
- On November 1, 2010, the joint venture announced its first REE discovery … 39.1% TREO, of which 6.9% were heavy rare earths (HREE)
- HREE are the more valuable and more important elements within the REE family
- On March 9, 2011, the joint venture announced samples that included 13.8% HREE
- Hundreds of holes are now in the process of being drilled
- Holes average just 45 meters in depth … I may grab a shovel and head over there myself
- …. much more that I will leave to you to discover via this interview
FINDING THE NEXT GREAT REE COMPANY
If you believe in the future of REE, then you should be continually conducting DD to find the next great REE company. This Skype interview will go a long way towards beginning your DD on Pancontinental Uranium. So whether you’re a shareholder or prospective shareholder, grab your coffee, sit back and hit play.
Finally, as I have said all along, anytime an officer of a small-cap public company is willing to make himself available for a video interview about his company, it sends me a strong signal about his confidence and outlook. After all, this is Web 2.0 and Skype interviews posted on blogs, forums and YouTube don’t go away.
* DISCLOSURE - Pancontinental Uranium is not a client of AGORACOM; AGORACOM has not received any payment for this interview; Neither AGORACOM nor its principals own shares in Pancontinental Uranium … but I am personally considering making long-term purchases.