Donner recently provided a development update for the Bracemac-McLeod Mine and an exploration update for the Matagami Project as reported to the Company by partner and project operator Xstrata Canada Corporation-Xstrata Zinc Canada Division.
- Development, now standing at 6,430 metres, has reached the Bracemac Main and the Bracemac KT zones and development in ore has already started at the Bracemac Main zone.
- Ramping continues at Bracemac and in the two ramps to McLeod. There are now 25,000 tonnes of ore in the stockpile on surface from the Bracemac Main Zone.
- Pre-production activities will commence in January with the objective of having 3 months of ready-to-blast ore to supply the mill at 3,000 tonnes per day early in the second quarter of 2013.
- Equipment and buildings are being moved from Persévérance to Bracemac-McLeod in preparation for the transition to production from Bracemac-McLeod.
McLeod Deep Drill Program:
Donner and Xstrata have completed planning of an aggressive 35,000 metre drill program on the McLeod Deep Zone discovery that is currently estimated to contain Inferred Mineral Resources of 2.47 million tonnes grading 9.21% zinc, 1.22% copper, 39.81 g/t silver and 1.12 g/t gold (65% Xstrata, 35% Donner). Drilling will be conducted by multiple wedges from seven new pilot holes. The program will consist of both definition and exploration drilling designed to meet the following objectives:
- Meet the 50-metre drill hole spacing criteria for the estimation and classification of the McLeod Deep Zone as an indicated resource.
- Assess the continuity and distribution of gold grades within the base metal sulphide mineralization.
- Identify possible extensions of mineralization to the southeast, northwest and down-dip.
- Confirm the presence of mineralization between the McLeod Deep Zone and the bottom of the McLeod Zone, which is currently under development.
Recent Interviews and Presentations