Good morning to you all. From the “I love traffic data” department, I’m happy to provide you with mobile data traffic to AGORACOM for the full year 2015 Here is a snapshot of the overall data, followed by my comments:
- All comparisons above are to 2014 – and man is mobile skyrocketing. That is a 8.5% increase vs. 2014.
- Mobile devices accounted for just under 21% of all visits to AGORACOM in 2015.
- 8.22 pages per visit – an increase of 22.92%tells me that investors have moved beyond basic skimming from their mobile devices and are relying on them as much as their PC’s and laptops. The entire site average for 2014 was 6.69 pages per visit.
- Average duration per visit, however, is far below non-mobile access to the site. We’re going to fix that, see below.
Apple is dominating Android devices. by 2.5:1 … that’s surprising. Second, despite the explosion in tablet devices, access from the actual phones themselves still dominates the device of choice for accessing AGORACOM. Third, I’m not surprised at the Blackberry numbers – but very surprised at the Windows numbers.
Here are the numbers:
- 1st – Apple accounted for 63% of all mobile visits to AGORACOM in 2015, broken down as follows:
- iPhone 508,165;
- iPod 2,487;
- 2nd – Android 25.32%
- 3rd – Blackberry 7.26%
- 4th – Windows 6.32%
As a result of what we’re seeing above, we’ve concluded that the best course of action in our mobile strategy is to go away from updating our App and focus on a mobile friendly version of AGORACOM. Clearly, we have to give mobile users a better experience to extend their visit duration. Look for this change to be implemented by end of Q3 of this year.